Terms and Conditions of Hire
On the occasion of Expo 2015, Chicco is offering free use of its strollers. Rentals will be governed by the following contractual terms and conditions, and the user agrees to respect these:
1) When the stroller is collected, a security deposit must be paid on a credit card, to cover potential damage, loss or theft of the same. The deposit paid when collecting the stroller will be returned in full upon return to the rental point, provided that the conditions of this document are respected.
2) On collection, the user becomes the guardian of the stroller, and assumes full responsibility for looking after the object and for the way in which it is used. In case of failure to return the stroller - even if this failure is due to theft - or where the stroller has been damaged, the user will be obliged to pay compensation, consisting of the market value of the stroller minus the security deposit, which will be retained as a down payment. The user will be fully liable for and shall cover the lessor from any damages and costs resulting from misuse or abuse of the stroller. The person responsible for hiring the stroller will be fully liable for and shall indemnify the user from any damage, costs or liability arising from defects in the stroller itself.
3) Strollers are approved and to be used exclusively for the transport of children from 0 to 15 kg. Any other use is not permitted.
4) In the case of improper treatment of and/or damage to the stroller, the latter will be considered to be no longer usable, and the security deposit payment will be retained, pursuant to Section 2).
5) Hire is on a daily basis; Therefore, the hired stroller must be returned before the closure of the hire station on the day on which it was collected. Any stroller not returned on the day of hire will be considered lost, with subsequent compensation payment due as per point 2).
6) Where equipped to receive documents, the collection points will reserve the right to accept an identity document in lieu of a security deposit. In this case, the document will be returned upon return of the stroller, in accordance with these contractual provisions. In case of failure to return or damage to the stroller, the document will be used to trace the user's details in order to report him/her and/or to seek compensation for the market value of the stroller.